Hello all my dear beloved brothers and sisters in Christ!
Today, due to current events occurring, I’m gunna discuss spiritual warfare. What exactly is Spiritual Warfare? Well, it’s kind of self-explanatory.
The second we where confirmed into the Catholic Church, we where officially made Christ’s soldiers. From that day/moment on, we put on the spiritual camouflage and we’re set to fight out into the real world. However, who are we fighting? Well, Ephesians makes it clear. Ephesians 6:12 ” For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and powers, against the directors of this world of darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in high places. ”
This means right away that we aren’t fighting each other, rather we’re fighting ‘against the directors of this world of darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in high places.’ , or demons.
Everyday we’re tempted to sin. We all have a natural inclination to sin due to the damage done by original sin. However, when we refuse to sin or reject it, we’re defending ourselves.
Whenever we pray to Our Lord, we’re fighting back against the evil one, especially in time of temptation.
However, whenever we go through with the sin, the evil one wins a battle.
What are some ways to be heavily armed for Spiritual Warfare?
– Prayer is number one. We must ‘…pray without ceasing…’ 1 Thess 5:17
‘…lest we fall into temptation…’ Mark 14:38.
– Read at least 15 minutes of Holy Scripture a day, especially on Sundays. Satan hates Scriptura Sancta, which is why he tries to confuse us with his own heretical mistranslations.
– Keep sacramentals on you. The Rosary is a big weapon, be sure to keep it on you, but pray it often. At least once a day. St. Benedict medals are made precisely for spiritual warfare. Keep one on you, if you can’t wear it around your neck.
– Holy Water is a very efficient sacramental to keep the wicked one away for good. Keeping Holy Water at home and blessing yourself or your room/house with it while praying the St. Michael Prayer is very effective.
– Frequent communion and visits to The Blessed Sacrament. The devil resents the Holy Mass because it is the highest form of worship. Try going to Daily Mass once or twice a week along with your Sunday Obligation. That will do wonders.
– Hanging a crucifix on your wall, of keeping one by your bedside. The evil one flees at the sight of a crucifix. The image of Our Lord on the cross is the symbol of victory over sin and evil, which is why the devil hates it. Make sure to keep one close by. Also, hanging or keeping close a statue or image of Our Lady. The devil hates it.
– Refraining from Mortal Sin. Well, I look at venial sin as a wound to the soul. And mortal, as a gaping hole in the soul that leaves you subject to the evil one. Frequent confession will allow you to stay in God’s Grace where the devil is at it’s weakest.
Well fratres, fight this battle, and win it. But most of all, win the war.
Until next time, Pax Domini Sit Semper Vobiscum. Hope this helps.